Sackler in the snow

Friday 12 March 2010

Thing 14 LinkedIn

I first heard of Linkedin when it sent me an automated e-mail asking me to join the network of one of our readers,so I had put a short profile on already.I also knew that if anyone googled my name, the linkedin profile was one of the hits.
So, it was bit of a surprise when LinkedIn didn't recognise my previous membership and I had to create a new profile.
Overall, I am not that enthusiastic about the site.There were very few professional networks for librarians, and most of them were US-based,or had very few members.
I can see some advantages for sharing professional information, and perhaps finding people working in the same field but it doesn't strike me as a very useful web 2 application compared with the others we have looked into so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment