Sackler in the snow

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Week 3 .. Hungry for RSS feeds :)

Time to start using Google reader ...I realised I had already set up an account after a previous training session on web 2 but hadn't done much with it.
Therefore, when I logged back in there were hundreds of items awaiting my attention from a few feeds I had already signed up for.
I started looking for others using the "browse for stuff" option, and entering various search terms to do with my professional and personal interests.It was quite easy to add the subscriptions.
I then decided to be a bit more adventourous and go to websites of museums and galleries and a couple of charities I support to see whether they had any feeds set up.
Several of them did, and even had a google icon, making it extremely easy to add them to my list of feeds.If they didn't have a google icon , I just copied the URLs and pasted them into the "add subscription" box on the reader home page.
Now..I just need to find time to read them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment