Sackler in the snow

Tuesday 2 February 2010

the end of online anonimity!

I also decided to spend some time editing my blog layout,adding a photo of the library and one of myself to the blog homepage.(so..if anyone is reading this, now you know who I am and where I work!...as well as my star sign)
I am also flattered to find I now have a "follower" (thanks for that Rachael!)

I have very much enjoyed reading other people's blogs this past week and seeing the different things everyone has done with layouts, photos and so on. I am still pondering how we could use a blog in the library and looking at some of the ones already set up in OULS.
One of the arguments for using web2 has to be that so many of our readers are familiar with it and use Facebook and other sites as their primary means of communication.
However, I still feel we should offer choices and use various methods, mixing old and new to get the information across.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that libraries should aim for a mix of old and new methods for getting information to their users. I see the new web 2.0 tools as an additional to traditional methods, not a replacement. We have to recognise that different users will prefer to find out about things via different routes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree too. In my opinion, the concept is very similar to "Kindle" as a book. No matter how good the digital book reader is, it can't replace the touch and smell of a traditional book. Similarly, no matter how brilliant web 2.0 tools and technologies become, it can never replace face to face time with a reader or other traditional ways of communication.

    ReplyDelete