Sackler in the snow

Thursday 1 April 2010

Things 19 and 20 Office 2.0 googledocs and Thinkfree

During the course of my online "education" over the time I have worked in libraries, I have seen alot of changes in the way we work and share information.
I remember when we got our own server with shared drive , meaning we could log in and access files and folders from any terminal in the building.This was then extended to the library service as a whole, so I can now log in at a PC in any library to consult a particuluar item.
The office 2.0 applications appear to be a further big step forward,with only a Google account required to access and share documents online from anywhere in the world.Call me old-fashioned, but this amazes me as much as the other aspects of 21st century communication I am rapidly learning to live with and love!

I found google docs very easy to use with clear screens and straightforward instructions,and had no trouble sharing a short document and creating a form.
Thinkfree was a little less straightforward ,but with time to learn its ways, I can see it has equal potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment